Frictionless search-based shopping experiences
- Offering: Service Design
- Main Headline: Removing friction for customers when searching for groceries online.
- Portrait Image:
The client's internal decision to expand online grocery shopping resulted in a poor customer experience in a major global market. Shortcomings included poor relevancy in results, customers being unable to refine their in-depth search to their preference, and low customer satisfaction and service performance.
The service was disjointed across the client’s global markets and next roll out phases were planned for other global markets, so the need to create a global cohesive service template was urgent. They needed a best-in-class online search service to help customer experience.
Taking a customer-centric approach, we contributed to the client's customer-centric evolution by incorporating customer needs into stakeholder conversations. This adapted the client's design process and aligned with their Customer Platform strategy. Within a 6-month project, the successful delivery global design foundations that served as a unified template for all markets and the service implementation department.
Extensive customer and business research across multiple channels was conducted, gaining insights into the client's service context and global competitors. Using agile methodologies, we managed the project, fostering collaboration and engagement from senior stakeholders in the client's global markets.
By understanding the complex landscape for online grocery search services, design foundations for a unified global service were defined, and the immediate outcomes were:
- An extensive review and analysis of the current state of the global service.
- Design recommendations for the future state of the service which actively contributed to their global service template.
- A comprehensive list of KPIs gathered in 50% of the client’s global key markets.
- Three customer-centric journeys and two service blueprints built in conjunction with 6+ global teams including marketing, e-commerce and product teams.
- A new ways of working framework for service evolution within the client’s environment was created and tested.
- Hits: 152